Saturday, May 2, 2009

No matter how you dress it up, it's still a potty seat

We've had a few days lately when my son just would not go to sleep. One was after he'd had his first chocolate cupcake (gluten-free and dairy-free, but still, chocolate) and had been to a party at JW Tumbles. He had a great time, and it's not like the place has TV or flashing lights or anything, but I do wonder if it was the sensory stimulation that he's not used to as much as the Pamela's mix sugar-bombs that made him wired.

Despite the fact that in recent days the kid has fell asleep during dinner (he won't nap, and we've not done so great lately prioritizing quiet time), last week we had another sleep-resist day for no good reason. He's been clear as day chirping: "I'm not tired. I don't want to go sleep." No whining, no eye-rubbing. Just matter-of-fact.

So when my husband brought him down to the basement where I was cleaning, we let him play quietly. And what did he choose to do? Find wrapping paper and present the potty seat to us as his token of appreciation for all we do for him. For me? Really? What a sweetheart!

No comments: