Monday, February 2, 2009

This is 200...9?

Having a sick toddler (if you have just one child) is an odd reminder of what the old days were like, when your baby slept a lot and wasn't making a mess faster than you could clean it.

I thought today I would resume from project/work-induced blogging obscurity to announce that we'd been diaper-free for a week and confirm that there is no more Nursing in the Bed -- not since I hurt my shoulders in a little fall a few weeks ago.

But alas, we are on day two of a fever, so we are back in the Seventh Gen #5s (to minimize frustration and disturbance for a kid who wants to sleep all day), and I gave it up in bed several times last night to a plaintive, "Can I nurse?"

So the last 36 hours have been a big old rewind, with the happy change that little boy was content to sit with his dad most of the day yesterday so I could work on the work I wouldn't get to do during this week's upcoming missed childcare.

Fortunately, I just got a glimpse of 2009 with a "I want my hot cereal!" which is decidedly no longer hot and, when asked, a very clear whine of "I want some more almond milk in it!"

We're headed to the doc soon, but in any case, I'm thankful for glimmers of toddler obstinacy.

No comments: