Sunday, March 15, 2009

Eleven hours of sleep

My son woke up in his own bed today at 7:00 a.m. He went to bed at 8:00 last night. This is unheard of! Eleven hours solid, and solo.

I'd woke up before 6:00 and had already come downstairs and done a few things -- also a rarity, though a goal I've been wanting to work toward for a while. I went up when he called for me since my husband was still resting. We chatted, me sitting on the glider rocker, him sitting up in bed. I opened his blinds and turned on his little moon light from Ikea. Then we read a few books. I'm trying to make it seem like it was extra fun to spend time in his room in the morning. I don't mind snuggles in bed, but if this is one more step toward independence and feeling secure in his own skin, I'm all for it!

No comments: